Recommended Amount of Sleep for a Healthy Adult: A Joint Consensus Statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research Society
- Consensus Conference Panel,
- Nathaniel F. Watson, MD, MSc,
- M. Safwan Badr, MD,
- Gregory Belenky, MD,
- Donald L. Bliwise, PhD,
- Orfeu M. Buxton, PhD,
- Daniel Buysse, MD,
- David F. Dinges, PhD,
- James Gangwisch, PhD,
- Michael A. Grandner, PhD, MSTR, CBSM,
- Clete Kushida, MD, PhD,
- Raman K. Malhotra, MD,
- Jennifer L. Martin, PhD,
- Sanjay R. Patel, MD, MSc,
- Stuart F. Quan, MD,
- Esra Tasali, MD
Address correspondence to: Nathaniel F. Watson, MD, MSc; 2510 N. Frontage Road, Darien, IL 60561(630) 737-9700(630) 737-9790
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
Washington State University, Spokane, WA
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Columbia University, New York, NY
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Stanford University, Stanford, CA
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Sleep is essential for optimal health. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) and Sleep Research Society (SRS) developed a consensus recommendation for the amount of sleep needed to promote optimal health in adults, using a modified RAND Appropriateness Method process. The recommendation is summarized here. A manuscript detailing the conference proceedings and evidence supporting the final recommendation statement will be published in SLEEP and the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine.
Watson NF, Badr MS, Belenky G, Bliwise DL, Buxton OM, Buysse D, Dinges DF, Gangwisch J, Grandner MA, Kushida C, Malhotra RK, Martin JL, Patel SR, Quan SF, Tasali E. Recommended amount of sleep for a healthy adult: a joint consensus statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research Society. J Clin Sleep Med 2015;11(6):591–592.
Adults should sleep 7 or more hours per night on a regular basis to promote optimal health.
Sleeping less than 7 hours per night on a regular basis is associated with adverse health outcomes, including weight gain and obesity, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and stroke, depression, and increased risk of death. Sleeping less than 7 hours per night is also associated with impaired immune function, increased pain, impaired performance, increased errors, and greater risk of accidents.
Sleeping more than 9 hours per night on a regular basis may be appropriate for young adults, individuals recovering from sleep debt, and individuals with illnesses. For others, it is uncertain whether sleeping more than 9 hours per night is associated with health risk.
People concerned they are sleeping too little or too much should consult their healthcare provider.
Healthy sleep requires adequate duration, good quality, appropriate timing and regularity, and the absence of sleep disturbances or disorders. Sleep duration is the most frequently investigated sleep measure in relation to health. Furthermore, the US Department of Health and Human Services created a Sleep Health Objective to “increase the proportion of adults who get sufficient sleep” in Healthy People 2020, a federal initiative to improve the nation's health.1 Thus our recommendation focuses on this sleep parameter. A panel of 15 experts in sleep medicine and research used a modified RAND Appropriateness Method2 to develop a recommendation regarding the sleep duration, or sleep duration range, that promotes optimal health in adults aged 18 to 60 years.
The expert panel reviewed published scientific evidence addressing the relationship between sleep duration and health, using a broad set of National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) terms and no date restrictions, which resulted in a total of 5,314 scientific articles. The process was further guided by the Oxford grading system.3 The panel focused on nine health categories with the best available evidence in relation to sleep duration: general health, cardiovascular health, metabolic health, mental health, immunologic function, human performance, cancer, pain, and mortality. Consistent with the RAND Appropriateness Method, multiple rounds of evidence review, discussion, and voting were conducted to arrive at the final recommendation. The process to develop this statement was conducted over a 12-month period and concluded with a consensus meeting held in February 2015 in Chicago, Illinois.
DISCUSSION & FUTURE DIRECTIONS
Current evidence supports the general recommendation for obtaining 7 or more hours of sleep per night on a regular basis to promote optimal health among adults aged 18 to 60 years. Individual variability in sleep need is influenced by genetic, behavioral, medical, and environmental factors. A clearer understanding of the precise biological mechanisms underlying sleep need continues to require further scientific investigation.
This recommendation creates a foundation to raise awareness and improve understanding of sleep effects on health. The recommendation provides a basis for:
Educating the public and healthcare providers on the importance of adequate sleep duration for health.
Encouraging individuals to obtain adequate sleep duration.
Discussing the economic and social benefits of adequate sleep duration, thereby informing public policy.
Promoting research on the role of sleep duration in health and well-being.
Research that directly examines the effects of sleep duration on health may lead to revisions of this recommendation in the future.
Funding for this project was provided by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research Society, and by the cooperative agreement number 1U50DP004930-01 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the CDC.
1 US Department of Health and Human ServicesSleep Health Objectives.; 201536Available from: https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/sleep-health/objectives.Google Scholar
2 Fitch K, Bernstein SJ, Aguilar MDet al.The RAND/UCLA Appropriateness Method User's ManualSanta Monica, CA: RAND; 2001.Google Scholar
3 OCEBM Levels of Evidence Working GroupThe Oxford Levels of Evidence 2. [cited February 9, 2015]. Available from: http://www.cebm.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/CEBM-Levels-of-Evidence-2.1.pdf.Google Scholar
4 Watson NF, Badr MS, Belenky Get al.Recommended amount of sleep for a healthy adult: a joint consensus statement of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Research Society. Sleep; 2015;38:843-4.Google Scholar
- Cited byPrevalence of caffeine consumers, daily caffeine consumption, and factors associated with caffeine use among active duty United States military personnelKnapik J, Steelman R, Trone D, Farina E and Lieberman H Nutrition Journal, 10.1186/s12937-022-00774-0, Vol. 21, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2022.Evaluation of daytime sleepiness and sleep quality among resident physicians of Damascus: A cross-sectional studyJassem M, Abdelwahed R, Alyousbashi A and Meer A Sleep Epidemiology, 10.1016/j.sleepe.2022.100035, Vol. 2, , (100035), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2022.Factors associated with sleep health in young women after breast cancer treatmentHwang Y, Conley S, Jeon S, Redeker N, Sanft T and Knobf M Research in Nursing & Health, 10.1002/nur.22264, Vol. 45, No. 6, (680-692), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2022.Circadian Advantages in Elite AthletesBrager A, Gordon J, Rouska A, Moore B and Mysliwiec V Current Sleep Medicine Reports, 10.1007/s40675-022-00239-0Sleep deficiency, operational fatigue and the interplay of compromising factors: Analysis to aid in fatigue managementJameson J, Markwald R, Kubala A, Roma P, Biggs A, Lai K and Russell D Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.13788Association between sleep habits and behavioral problems in early adolescence: a descriptive studyHosokawa R, Tomozawa R, Fujimoto M, Anzai S, Sato M, Tazoe H and Katsura T BMC Psychology, 10.1186/s40359-022-00958-7, Vol. 10, No. 1Associations Between Sleep Health and Amygdala Reactivity to Negative Facial Expressions in the UK Biobank CohortSchiel J, Tamm S, Holub F, Petri R, Dashti H, Domschke K, Feige B, Lane J, Riemann D, Rutter M, Saxena R, Tahmasian M, Wang H, Kyle S and Spiegelhalder K Biological Psychiatry, 10.1016/j.biopsych.2022.05.023, Vol. 92, No. 9, (693-700), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2022.Research priorities to reduce risks from work hours and fatigue in the healthcare and social assistance sectorCaruso C, Arbour M, Berger A, Hittle B, Tucker S, Patrician P, Trinkoff A, Rogers A, Barger L, Edmonson J, Landrigan C, Redeker N and Chasens E American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 10.1002/ajim.23363, Vol. 65, No. 11, (867-877), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2022.Actigraphy-Based Assessment of Sleep Parameters in Intensive Care Unit Patients Receiving Respiratory Support TherapyKang J and Kwon Y Journal of Korean Critical Care Nursing, 10.34250/jkccn.2022.15.3.115, Vol. 15, No. 3, (115-127), Online publication date: 31-Oct-2022.Evaluating machine learning models to classify occupants’ perceptions of their indoor environment and sleep quality from indoor air qualityFritz H, Tang M, Kinney K and Nagy Z Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 10.1080/10962247.2022.2105439, (1-17)V. Gafarov V, A. Gromova E, N. Maksimov V, V. Gagulin I and V. Gafarova A Biological Determinants of Sleep Disorders Circadian Rhythm - New Insights Into Physiological and Pathological Implications, 10.5772/intechopen.101765Risk factors for the prevalence of poor sleep quality in lecturers during COVID-19 pandemic in Ethiopia: an institution-based cross-sectional studyHailu Tesfaye A, Alemayehu M, Abere G and Kabito G BMJ Open, 10.1136/bmjopen-2022-066024, Vol. 12, No. 10, (e066024), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2022.Association between sleep duration and kidney stones in 34 190 American adults: A cross-sectional analysis of NHANES 2007-2018Yin S, Wang J, Bai Y, Yang Z, Cui J and Wang J Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2022.08.003, , Online publication date: 1-Oct-2022.The effects of hormonal contraceptive use on sleep patterns in women of reproductive ageWhitney M, Schultz D, Huber L, Finke A, Fitzgerald A and Hyde A Annals of Epidemiology, 10.1016/j.annepidem.2022.07.006, Vol. 74, , (125-131), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2022.Sleep function: an evolutionary perspectiveSiegel J The Lancet Neurology, 10.1016/S1474-4422(22)00210-1, Vol. 21, No. 10, (937-946), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2022.Healthy lifestyle over the life course: Population trends and individual changes over 30 years of the Doetinchem Cohort StudySchermer E, Engelfriet P, Blokstra A, Verschuren W and Picavet H Frontiers in Public Health, 10.3389/fpubh.2022.966155, Vol. 10,Glycemic response to acute high‐intensity interval versus moderate‐intensity continuous exercise during pregnancyWowdzia J, Hazell T and Davenport M Physiological Reports, 10.14814/phy2.15454, Vol. 10, No. 18, Online publication date: 1-Sep-2022.Evaluating the impact of a sleep health education and a personalised smartphone application on sleep, productivity and healthcare utilisation among employees: results of a randomised clinical trialRobbins R, Weaver M, Quan S, Sullivan J, Qadri S, Glasner L, Cohen-Zion M, Czeisler C and Barger L BMJ Open, 10.1136/bmjopen-2022-062121, Vol. 12, No. 9, (e062121), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2022.Understanding and approaching excessive daytime sleepinessPérez-Carbonell L, Mignot E, Leschziner G and Dauvilliers Y The Lancet, 10.1016/S0140-6736(22)01018-2, Vol. 400, No. 10357, (1033-1046), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2022.Active Duty Service Members, Primary Managers, and Administrators’ Perspectives on a Novel Sleep Telehealth Management Platform in the U.S. Military Healthcare SystemWickwire E, Abdelwadoud M, Collen J, Edwards H, Labra C, Capaldi V, Williams S, Manber R, Assefa S, Drake C, Albrecht J, Bevan J, Mahoney A, Tatum E, Pierre E, Mantua J, Grandner M and Mullins C Military Medicine, 10.1093/milmed/usac006, Vol. 187, No. 9-10, (e1201-e1208), Online publication date: 25-Aug-2022.The relationship between acquaintance with a SARS-CoV-2 death, positive SARS-CoV-2 test results, and sleep duration among college students in fall 2020Garcia Colato E, Chen C, Kianersi S, Ludema C, Rosenberg M and Macy J Frontiers in Public Health, 10.3389/fpubh.2022.949438, Vol. 10,Do Rotating Night Shifts Change Nurses’ Nutritional Status? A Cross-Sectional StudyUlusoy H, Sanlier N and Rakıcıoğlu N Journal of the American Nutrition Association, 10.1080/07315724.2021.1947413, Vol. 41, No. 6, (608-616), Online publication date: 18-Aug-2022.Characterizing sleep–wake patterns in mothers and children in an agrarian community: results from the Ghana Randomized Air Pollution and Health StudyKundel V, Agyapong P, Parekh A, Kaali S, Prah R, Taweesedt P, Tawiah T, Ayappa I, Mujtaba M, Agyei O, Jack D, Osei M, Kwarteng A, Lee A and Asante K Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsac033, Vol. 45, No. 8, Online publication date: 11-Aug-2022.Links between well‐being and sleep while awaiting breast biopsy resultsSweeny K and Medina J Stress and Health, 10.1002/smi.3187The Impact of Dietary Factors on the Sleep of Athletically Trained Populations: A Systematic ReviewBarnard J, Roberts S, Lastella M, Aisbett B and Condo D Nutrients, 10.3390/nu14163271, Vol. 14, No. 16, (3271)Objective assessment of fatigue among aviation personnel using a bio-mathematical model: An experimental studyMohapatra S, Sinha B, Tripathy N and Ghosh D Medical Journal Armed Forces India, 10.1016/j.mjafi.2022.06.003, , Online publication date: 1-Aug-2022.Flexibility Versus Routineness in Multimodal Health Indicators: A Sensor-based Longitudinal in Situ Study of Information WorkersAmon M, Mattingly S, Necaise A, Mark G, Chawla N, Dey A and D'mello S ACM Transactions on Computing for Healthcare, 10.1145/3514259, Vol. 3, No. 3, (1-27), Online publication date: 31-Jul-2022.New for PCD in 2022: Increased Impact Factor, Expanded Expertise, First Guest Editorial Board, and Progress in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Goals Jack L Preventing Chronic Disease, 10.5888/pcd19.220197, Vol. 19,Sleep and Infantry Battle Drill Performance in Special Operations SoldiersMantua J, Shevchik J, Chaudhury S, Eldringhoff H, Mickelson C and McKeon A Aerospace Medicine and Human Performance, 10.3357/AMHP.6040.2022, Vol. 93, No. 7, (557-561)Maternal sleep during pregnancy and adverse pregnancy outcomes: A systematic review and meta‐analysisWang R, Xu M, Yang W, Xie G, Yang L, Shang L, Zhang B, Guo L, Yue J, Zeng L and Chung M Journal of Diabetes Investigation, 10.1111/jdi.13770, Vol. 13, No. 7, (1262-1276), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2022.Pilot Test of “NIOSH Training for Law Enforcement on Shift Work and Long Work Hours”James L, Caruso C and James S Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 10.1097/JOM.0000000000002534, Vol. 64, No. 7, (599-606), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2022.Sleep health and the circadian rest-activity pattern four months after COVID-19Henríquez-Beltrán1 M, Labarca2,3 G, Cigarroa1 I, Enos4 D, Lastra4 J, Nova-Lamperti2 E, Targa5 A and Barbe5,6 F Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia, 10.36416/1806-3756/e20210398, (e20210398)Ion concentrations in cerebrospinal fluid in wakefulness, sleep and sleep deprivation in healthy humansForsberg M, Olsson M, Seth H, Wasling P, Zetterberg H, Hedner J and Hanse E Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.13522, Vol. 31, No. 3, Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Early starts and late finishes both reduce alertness and performance among short‐haul airline pilotsArsintescu L, Pradhan S, Chachad R, Gregory K, Mulligan J and Flynn‐Evans E Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.13521, Vol. 31, No. 3, Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Sleep duration and mortality, influence of age, retirement, and occupational groupÅkerstedt T, Trolle‐Lagerros Y, Widman L, Ye W, Adami H and Bellocco R Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.13512, Vol. 31, No. 3, Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.From unsupervised to semi-supervised adversarial domain adaptation in electroencephalography-based sleep stagingHeremans E, Phan H, Borzée P, Buyse B, Testelmans D and De Vos M Journal of Neural Engineering, 10.1088/1741-2552/ac6ca8, Vol. 19, No. 3, (036044), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Sleep, Health, and SocietyGrandner M Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2022.03.001, Vol. 17, No. 2, (117-139), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.State-Level Variation in the Association Between Educational Attainment and SleepSheehan C, Zajacova A, Connor D and Montez J Population Research and Policy Review, 10.1007/s11113-021-09684-1, Vol. 41, No. 3, (1137-1160), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Yesterday’s Work–Home Conflict and Actigraphically Recorded Sleep-Onset Latency as Predictors of Today’s Cognitive FailureKottwitz M, Wehrt W, Gerhardt C, Augusto Coelho D, Schmutz D and Elfering A Journal of Business and Psychology, 10.1007/s10869-021-09766-z, Vol. 37, No. 3, (509-524), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Multiple Types of Childhood Maltreatment, Sleep, and Anxiety in Former Foster YouthLee H and Fusco R Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal, 10.1007/s10560-021-00742-3, Vol. 39, No. 3, (279-290), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2022.Treatment resistant depression (TRD) service outpatient’s experience of sleep, activity, and using a Fitbit wearable activity and sleep trackerGriffiths C, Walker K, Willis A and Pollard L Mental Health Review Journal, 10.1108/MHRJ-04-2021-0036, Vol. 27, No. 2, (158-174), Online publication date: 2-May-2022.Sleep quality and health among pregnant smokersDanilov M, Issany A, Mercado P, Haghdel A, Muzayad J and Wen X Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 5, (1343-1353), Online publication date: 1-May-2022.Effects of 7 Consecutive Systematic Applications of Cryotherapy With CompressionJutte L and Paracka D Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 10.1123/jsr.2021-0208, Vol. 31, No. 4, (414-419)Bright light alone or combined with caffeine improves sleepiness in chronically sleep-restricted young driversShekari Soleimanloo S, Garcia-Hansen V, White M, Huda M and Smith S Sleep Medicine, 10.1016/j.sleep.2022.03.013, Vol. 93, , (15-25), Online publication date: 1-May-2022.Sleep duration and mortality in patients with diabetes: Results from the 2007–2015 Korea national health and nutrition examination surveyGu K, Min S and Cho J Diabetes & Metabolism, 10.1016/j.diabet.2021.101312, Vol. 48, No. 3, (101312), Online publication date: 1-May-2022.The COVID-19 infodemic at your fingertips. Reciprocal relationships between COVID-19 information FOMO, bedtime smartphone news engagement, and daytime tiredness over timeKoban K, Neureiter A, Stevic A and Matthes J Computers in Human Behavior, 10.1016/j.chb.2021.107175, Vol. 130, , (107175), Online publication date: 1-May-2022.Associating sleep problems with advanced cancer diagnosis, and immune checkpoint treatment outcomes: a pilot studySillah A, Peters U, Watson N, Tykodi S, Hall E, Silverman A, Malen R, Thompson J, Lee S, Bhatia S, Veatch J, Warner J, Thornton T and Phipps A Supportive Care in Cancer, 10.1007/s00520-022-06825-w, Vol. 30, No. 5, (3829-3838), Online publication date: 1-May-2022.Social Networking Service, Patient-Generated Health Data, and Population Health Informatics: National Cross-sectional Study of Patterns and Implications of Leveraging Digital Technologies to Support Mental Health and Well-beingYe J, Wang Z and Hai J Journal of Medical Internet Research, 10.2196/30898, Vol. 24, No. 4, (e30898)Self-perception of insomnia, sleep quality, and musculoskeletal pain in dysphonic women: preliminary studyFalbot L, Corrêa C, Dassie-Leite A, Alves Silverio K and Siqueira L Logopedics Phoniatrics Vocology, 10.1080/14015439.2021.1879253, Vol. 47, No. 2, (109-116), Online publication date: 3-Apr-2022.Does Insufficient Sleep Increase the Risk of Developing Insulin Resistance: A Systematic ReviewSingh T, Ahmed T, Mohamed N, Elhaj M, Mohammed Z, Paulsingh C, Mohamed M and Khan S Cureus, 10.7759/cureus.23501Nighttime Sleep Awakening Frequency and Its Consistency Predict Future Academic Performance in College StudentsHo G, Yang Z, Xing L, Tsang K, Ruan H and Li Y International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph19052933, Vol. 19, No. 5, (2933)Personal Health Practices and Perceptions of Lifestyle Counseling and Preventive Services Among ResidentsLee J, Wilson A, Okunowo O, Trinh J and Sivoravong J American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 10.1177/1559827619896301, Vol. 16, No. 2, (203-213), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2022.Cognitive Function and Sleep in Caregivers of Persons Living with DementiaBrewster G, Molinari V, McCrae C, Beckstead J, D’Aoust R and Rowe M Western Journal of Nursing Research, 10.1177/01939459211041163, Vol. 44, No. 3, (260-268), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2022.Occupational Stress and Burnout in the Fire Service: Examining the Complex Role and Impact of Sleep HealthDyal M, Smith T, DeJoy D and Moore B Behavior Modification, 10.1177/01454455211040049, Vol. 46, No. 2, (374-394), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2022.Effects of nursing interventions to improve inpatients' sleep in intensive and non‐intensive care units: Findings from an umbrella reviewBellon F, Beti‐Abad A, Pastells‐Peiró R, Casado‐Ramirez E, Moreno‐Casbas T, Gea‐Sánchez M and Abad‐Corpa E Journal of Clinical Nursing, 10.1111/jocn.16251Abnormal Sleep Duration as Predictor for Cardiovascular Diseases: A Systematic Review of Prospective StudiesLaksono S, Yanni M, Iqbal M, Prawara A and Wali S Sleep Disorders, 10.1155/2022/9969107, Vol. 2022, , (1-10), Online publication date: 7-Feb-2022.The association between episodes of night eating and levels of depression in the general populationKim W, Ju Y and Lee S International Journal of Eating Disorders, 10.1002/eat.23677Sleep Duration and Hypertension: Epidemiological Evidence and Underlying MechanismsBock J, Vungarala S, Covassin N and Somers V American Journal of Hypertension, 10.1093/ajh/hpab146, Vol. 35, No. 1, (3-11), Online publication date: 5-Jan-2022.Kleinsasser M, Tharpe B, Akula N, Tirumani H, Sunderraman R and Bourgeois A Detecting and Predicting Sleep Activity using Biometric Sensor Data 2022 14th International Conference on COMmunication Systems & NETworkS (COMSNETS), 10.1109/COMSNETS53615.2022.9668347, 978-1-6654-2104-1, (19-24)Impact of Sleep on Cardiovascular Health: A Narrative ReviewSum-Ping O and Geng Y Heart and Mind, 10.4103/hm.hm_29_22, Vol. 6, No. 3, (120), .The Effect of Night Float Rotation on Resident Sleep, Activity, and Well-BeingRuan A, Klein A, Jhita P, Hasan-Hill N, Shafer S and Flood P Anesthesia & Analgesia, 10.1213/ANE.0000000000006261, Vol. Publish Ahead of Print,Prospective Associations Between Fathers’ Engagement in Infant Caregiving and Their Weight-Related Behaviors and Mental HealthLo B, Haneuse S, McBride B, Redline S, Taveras E and Davison K American Journal of Men's Health, 10.1177/15579883221079152, Vol. 16, No. 1, (155798832210791), Online publication date: 1-Jan-2022.Sleep disparities in the first month of college: implications for academic achievementBermudez V, Fearon-Drake D, Wheelis M, Cohenour M, Suntai Z and Scullin M SLEEP Advances, 10.1093/sleepadvances/zpac041, Vol. 3, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Jan-2022.Total sleep time, sleep efficiency, and next day subjective sleepiness in a large group of womenÅkerstedt T, Schwarz J, Lindberg E and Theorell-Haglöw J SLEEP Advances, 10.1093/sleepadvances/zpac028, Vol. 3, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Jan-2022.Automated sleep apnea detection in pregnant women using wavelet-based featuresSharma M, Bapodara S, Tiwari J and Acharya U Informatics in Medicine Unlocked, 10.1016/j.imu.2022.101026, Vol. 32, , (101026), .Paruthi S Treatment of parsomnias Reference Module in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Psychology, 10.1016/B978-0-12-822963-7.00364-9, .Grandner M Epidemiology of Insufficient Sleep Sleep and its Disorders, 10.1007/978-94-024-2168-2_5, (95-114), .Mental Health of Canadian Firefighters: The Impact of SleepCramm H, Richmond R, Jamshidi L, Edgelow M, Groll D, Ricciardelli R, MacDermid J, Keiley M and Carleton R International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph182413256, Vol. 18, No. 24, (13256)Associations between everyday discrimination and sleep quality and duration among African-Americans over time in the Jackson Heart StudyJohnson D, Lewis T, Guo N, Jackson C, Sims M, Wilson J, Diez Roux A, Williams D and Redline S Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsab162, Vol. 44, No. 12, Online publication date: 10-Dec-2021.The Association of Self-Reported Iron and Vitamin D Levels on Sleep Quality and Pain Perception in a Subset of Saudi PopulationAl-Khudhairy M, AlOtaibi A, AbdulRahman L, Al-Garni M, Yaslam R and Fatani R Risk Management and Healthcare Policy, 10.2147/RMHP.S318698, Vol. Volume 14, , (4853-4865)Burnout among medical students of the University of Kerbala and its correlatesYahya M, Abutiheen A and Al- Haidary A Middle East Current Psychiatry, 10.1186/s43045-021-00152-2, Vol. 28, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2021.Annual, seasonal, cultural and vacation patterns in sleep, sedentary behaviour and physical activity: a systematic review and meta-analysisFerguson T, Curtis R, Fraysse F, Lagiseti R, Northcott C, Virgara R, Watson A and Maher C BMC Public Health, 10.1186/s12889-021-11298-3, Vol. 21, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2021.Role of sleep deprivation in immune-related disease risk and outcomesGarbarino S, Lanteri P, Bragazzi N, Magnavita N and Scoditti E Communications Biology, 10.1038/s42003-021-02825-4, Vol. 4, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2021.Child maltreatment severity and sleep variability predict mother–infant RSA coregulationBrown S, Lunkenheimer E, LeBourgeois M and Heilman K Development and Psychopathology, 10.1017/S0954579421000729, Vol. 33, No. 5, (1747-1758), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2021.Key Causes and Contributors of ObesityDhurandhar N, Petersen K and Webster C Nursing Clinics of North America, 10.1016/j.cnur.2021.07.007, Vol. 56, No. 4, (449-464), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2021.Perceived home sleep environment: associations of household-level factors and in-bed behaviors with actigraphy-based sleep duration and continuity in the Jackson Heart Sleep StudyJohnson D, Jackson C, Guo N, Sofer T, Laden F and Redline S Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsab163, Vol. 44, No. 11, Online publication date: 12-Nov-2021.Effects of ad libitum food intake, insufficient sleep and weekend recovery sleep on energy balanceDepner C, Melanson E, Eckel R, Higgins J, Bergman B, Perreault L, Knauer O, Birks B and Wright K Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsab136, Vol. 44, No. 11, Online publication date: 12-Nov-2021.Assessing sleep problems and daytime functioning: a translation, adaption, and validation of the Athens Insomnia Scale for non-clinical application (AIS-NCA)Sattler S, Seddig D and Zerbini G Psychology & Health, 10.1080/08870446.2021.1998498, (1-26)Sleep, fatigue and alertness during working hours among rotating‐shift nurses in Korea: An observational studyMin A, Hong H, Son S and Lee T Journal of Nursing Management, 10.1111/jonm.13446, Vol. 29, No. 8, (2647-2657), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2021.Informing sleep policy through field experimentsRao G, Redline S, Schilbach F, Schofield H and Toma M Science, 10.1126/science.abk2594, Vol. 374, No. 6567, (530-533), Online publication date: 29-Oct-2021.Sleep disorder and behavior problems in children with type 1 diabetes mellitusIlter Bahadur E, Özalkak Ş, Özdemir A, Çetinkaya S and Özmert E Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, 10.1515/jpem-2021-0523, Vol. 0, No. 0Variables Impacting the Quality of Life of Dementia Caregivers: A Data Visualization AnalysisLippe M, Crowder A, Carter P and Threadgill A Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 10.1111/jnu.12718Sleep is essential to health: an American Academy of Sleep Medicine position statementRamar K, Malhotra R, Carden K, Martin J, Abbasi-Feinberg F, Aurora R, Kapur V, Olson E, Rosen C, Rowley J, Shelgikar A and Trotti L Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 10, (2115-2119), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2021.Sleep duration and vascular inflammation using hybrid positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging: results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisKundel V, Reid M, Fayad Z, Ayappa I, Mani V, Rueschman M, Redline S, Shea S and Shah N Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 10, (2009-2018), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2021.Development of behavior based safety assessment framework for manufacturing organisationsSuresh M, Haarish G and Gayathri M Materials Today: Proceedings, 10.1016/j.matpr.2021.10.263, , Online publication date: 1-Oct-2021.Disparities in multiple sleep characteristics among non-Hispanic White and Hispanic/Latino adults by birthplace and language preference: cross-sectional results from the US National Health Interview SurveyGaston S, Martinez-Miller E, McGrath J, Jackson II W, Napoles A, Pérez-Stable E and Jackson C BMJ Open, 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-047834, Vol. 11, No. 9, (e047834), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2021.A-SMART Lifestyle Behaviors Model for health, wellbeing, and immune system enhancementDownes L, St. Hill H and Mays T The Nurse Practitioner, 10.1097/01.NPR.0000769748.45938.10, Vol. 46, No. 9, (31-39), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2021.Prospective associations between sedentary behavior and physical activity in adolescence and sleep duration in adulthoodLi L, Sheehan C, Petrov M and Mattingly J Preventive Medicine, 10.1016/j.ypmed.2021.106812, , (106812), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2021.Sueño: conceptos generales y su relación con la calidad de vidaFabres L and Moya P Revista Médica Clínica Las Condes, 10.1016/j.rmclc.2021.09.001, Vol. 32, No. 5, (527-534), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2021.The Relationship between Adults’ Perceptions, Attitudes of COVID-19, Intuitive Eating, and Mindful Eating BehaviorsSanlier N, Kocabas Ş, Ulusoy H and Celik B Ecology of Food and Nutrition, 10.1080/03670244.2021.1968849, (1-20)Effects of six weeks of chronic sleep restriction with weekend recovery on cognitive performance and wellbeing in high-performing adultsSmith M, Wusk G, Nasrini J, Baskin P, Dinges D, Roma P and Basner M Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsab051, Vol. 44, No. 8, Online publication date: 13-Aug-2021.Use of digital health technologies to examine subjective and objective sleep with next-day cognition and daily indicators of health in persons with and without HIVSun-Suslow N, Campbell L, Tang B, Fisher A, Lee E, Paolillo E, Heaton A and Moore R Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 10.1007/s10865-021-00233-xChallenges and Opportunities for Applying Wearable Technology to SleepTobin S, Williams P, Baron K, Halliday T and Depner C Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2021.07.002, , Online publication date: 1-Aug-2021.Effect of sleep duration on dietary intake, desire to eat, measures of food intake and metabolic hormones: A systematic review of clinical trialsSoltanieh S, Solgi S, Ansari M, Santos H and Abbasi B Clinical Nutrition ESPEN, 10.1016/j.clnesp.2021.07.029, , Online publication date: 1-Aug-2021.Managing Travel Fatigue and Jet Lag in Athletes: A Review and Consensus StatementJanse van Rensburg D, Jansen van Rensburg A, Fowler P, Bender A, Stevens D, Sullivan K, Fullagar H, Alonso J, Biggins M, Claassen-Smithers A, Collins R, Dohi M, Driller M, Dunican I, Gupta L, Halson S, Lastella M, Miles K, Nedelec M, Page T, Roach G, Sargent C, Singh M, Vincent G, Vitale J and Botha T Sports Medicine, 10.1007/s40279-021-01502-0Pharmacy students’ personal health practices and perceptions on lifestyle medicineYuet W, Lee J and Galadima E International Journal of Health Promotion and Education, 10.1080/14635240.2020.1735476, Vol. 59, No. 4, (212-225), Online publication date: 4-Jul-2021.Mental Health in Student Athletes: Associations With Sleep Duration, Sleep Quality, Insomnia, Fatigue, and Sleep Apnea SymptomsGrandner M, Hall C, Jaszewski A, Alfonso-Miller P, Gehrels J, Killgore W and Athey A Athletic Training & Sports Health Care, 10.3928/19425864-20200521-01, Vol. 13, No. 4, Online publication date: 1-Jul-2021.Physical Activity, Sleep, and Sedentary Behavior among Successful Long-Term Weight Loss Maintainers: Findings from a U.S. National StudyKnell G, Li Q, Morales-Marroquin E, Drope J, Gabriel K and Shuval K International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph18115557, Vol. 18, No. 11, (5557)A systematic review of patient-reported outcome measures used to assess sleep in postpartum women using Consensus Based Standards for the Selection of Health Measurement Instruments (COSMIN) guidelinesSultan P, Ando K, Sultan E, Hawkins J, Blake L, Barwick F, Kawai M and Carvalho B Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsab128,Emotional Vulnerability to Short Sleep Predicts Increases in Chronic Health Conditions Across 8 YearsSin N, Rush J, Buxton O and Almeida D Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 10.1093/abm/kaab018,Should I study or should I go (to sleep)? The influence of test schedule on the sleep behavior of undergraduates and its association with performanceEstevan I, Sardi R, Tejera A, Silva A, Tassino B and Saqr M PLOS ONE, 10.1371/journal.pone.0247104, Vol. 16, No. 3, (e0247104)Bidirectional relationship between sleep and sedentary behavior in adults with overweight or obesity: A secondary analysisImes C, Bizhanova Z, Kline C, Rockette-Wagner B, Chasens E, Sereika S and Burke L SLEEP Advances, 10.1093/sleepadvances/zpab004, Vol. 2, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Mar-2021.Sleep Disturbance and the Long-Term Impact of Early AdversityFuligni A, Chiang J and Tottenham N Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2021.03.021, , Online publication date: 1-Mar-2021.Identification of hub genes correlated with sleep deprivation using co-expression analysisXu H, Lin S, Shi K, Qiu J, Hu J, Yu Z, Dai D, Zhang N, Liang M, Cai H, Zeng K and Wu X Sleep and Breathing, 10.1007/s11325-021-02321-3Effects of physical activity and sleep quality on well‐being: A wrist actigraphy study during the pandemicWang H, He L, Gao Y, Gao X and Lei X Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being, 10.1111/aphw.12255Impact of Cognitive Measures and Sleep on Acute Squat Strength Performance and Perceptual Responses Among Well-Trained Men and WomenHaischer M, Cooke D, Carzoli J, Johnson T, Shipherd A, Zoeller R, Whitehurst M and Zourdos M Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 10.1519/JSC.0000000000003202, Vol. 35, No. 1, (S16-S22), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2021.Sleep duration and mortality – influence of age and occupational group in retired individualsÅkerstedt T, Narusyte J and Svedberg P Sleep Medicine, 10.1016/j.sleep.2021.01.058, , Online publication date: 1-Feb-2021.The Discrepancy between Knowledge of Sleep Recommendations and the Actual Sleep Behaviour of Australian AdultsGupta C, Duncan M, Ferguson S, Rebar A, Sprajcer M, Khalesi S, Booker L, Binks H and Vincent G Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 10.1080/15402002.2021.1876693, (1-12)Sleep in Frontline Healthcare Workers During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Social Media Survey Study (Preprint)Stewart N, Koza A, Dhaon S, Shoushtari C, Martinez M and Arora V Journal of Medical Internet Research, 10.2196/27331Effect of shift work on fatigue and sleep in neonatal registrarsAnvekar A, Nathan E, Doherty D, Patole S and Steinborn M PLOS ONE, 10.1371/journal.pone.0245428, Vol. 16, No. 1, (e0245428)Association of sleep duration with all-cause and disease-specific mortality in US adultsYang L, Xi B, Zhao M and Magnussen C Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 10.1136/jech-2020-215314, (jech-2020-215314)Evaluation of Fatigue and Workload among Workers Conducting Complex Manual Assembly in ManufacturingTorres Y, Nadeau S and Landau K IISE Transactions on Occupational Ergonomics and Human Factors, 10.1080/24725838.2021.1997835, Vol. 9, No. 1, (49-63), Online publication date: 2-Jan-2021.Sleep quality and work among nursing vocational studentsAmaral K, Galdino M and Martins J Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem, 10.1590/0034-7167-2020-1285, Vol. 74, No. 6Study on Type 2 Diabetes and Sleep Disorders吴 燕 Advances in Clinical Medicine, 10.12677/ACM.2021.112088, Vol. 11, No. 02, (604-610), .Sleep Duration and Its Associations with Mortality and Quality of Life in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Results from the 2007–2015 KNAHNESKim S, Kwak N, Choi S, Lee J, Park Y, Lee C, Lee S, Yoo C and Cho J Respiration, 10.1159/000516381, Vol. 100, No. 11, (1043-1049), .Mims K Sleep disorders and stroke Reference Module in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Psychology, 10.1016/B978-0-12-822963-7.00265-6, .Galion A, MacLean J, Agrawal A and Martin J Ontogeny of insomnia Reference Module in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Psychology, 10.1016/B978-0-12-822963-7.00161-4, .Depression, anxiety, and burnout among medical students and residents of a medical school in Nepal: a cross-sectional studyPokhrel N, Khadayat R and Tulachan P BMC Psychiatry, 10.1186/s12888-020-02645-6, Vol. 20, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2020.Who Are the Individuals With the Worst Perceived Quality of Sleep? A Population-Based Survey in Southern BrazilCarvalho Dumith S, Francisco Durigon Meneghini K and Miranda Demenech L Preventive Medicine Reports, 10.1016/j.pmedr.2020.101288, , (101288), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2020.Sleep, health, and well-being in elite athletes from different sports, before, during, and after international competitionBiggins M, Purtill H, Fowler P, Bender A, Sullivan K, Samuels C and Cahalan R The Physician and Sportsmedicine, 10.1080/00913847.2020.1850149, (1-9)Spousal Educational Attainment and Sleep Duration Among American Older AdultsSheehan C, Iida M and Carr D The Journals of Gerontology: Series B, 10.1093/geronb/gbaa206,Training and academic demands are associated with sleep quality in high-performance “dual career” student swimmers.Astridge D, Sommerville A, Verheul M and Turner A European Journal of Sport Science, 10.1080/17461391.2020.1857442, (1-15)Sleep and the athlete: narrative review and 2021 expert consensus recommendationsWalsh N, Halson S, Sargent C, Roach G, Nédélec M, Gupta L, Leeder J, Fullagar H, Coutts A, Edwards B, Pullinger S, Robertson C, Burniston J, Lastella M, Le Meur Y, Hausswirth C, Bender A, Grandner M and Samuels C British Journal of Sports Medicine, 10.1136/bjsports-2020-102025, (bjsports-2020-102025)The Impact of Sleep Disorders on Functional Recovery and Participation Following Stroke: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisFulk G, Boyne P, Hauger M, Ghosh R, Romano S, Thomas J, Slutzky A and Klingman K Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair, 10.1177/1545968320962501, Vol. 34, No. 11, (1050-1061), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2020.Race/Ethnic Differences in Educational Gradients in Sleep Duration and Quality among U.S. AdultsSheehan C, Walsemann K and Ailshire J SSM - Population Health, 10.1016/j.ssmph.2020.100685, , (100685), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2020.Immune resilience in the age of COVID-19 and beyond– A Lifestyle Medicine approachAbe M and Abe H Personalized Medicine Universe, 10.46459/pmu.2020012, Vol. 9, No. 0, (10-14), Online publication date: 31-Oct-2020.Sleep and high-risk behavior in military service members: a mega-analysis of four diverse U.S. Army unitsMantua J, Bessey A, Mickelson C, Choynowski J, Noble J, Burke T, McKeon A and Sowden W Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsaa221,COVID-19 lockdown: physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep in Italian medicine studentsLuciano F, Cenacchi V, Vegro V and Pavei G European Journal of Sport Science, 10.1080/17461391.2020.1842910, (1-22)Parallel Assessment Challenges in Nutritional and Sleep EpidemiologyDunietz G, Jansen E, Hershner S, O’Brien L, Peterson K and Baylin A American Journal of Epidemiology, 10.1093/aje/kwaa230,Health Behaviors Among Service Members Injured on Deployment: A Study From the Wounded Warrior Recovery ProjectMcCabe C, Watrous J and Galarneau M Military Medicine, 10.1093/milmed/usaa242,Improving Sleep in Intensive Care Unit: An Overview of Diagnostic and Therapeutic OptionsTiruvoipati R, Mulder J and Haji K Journal of Patient Experience, 10.1177/2374373519882234, Vol. 7, No. 5, (697-702), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2020.Dissemination and implementation of national physical activity, sedentary behaviour, and/or sleep guidelines among community-dwelling adults aged 18 years and older: a systematic scoping review and suggestions for future reporting and researchTomasone J, Kauffeldt K, Morgan T, Magor K, Latimer-Cheung A, Faulkner G, Ross-White A, Poitras V, Kho M and Ross R Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 10.1139/apnm-2020-0251, Vol. 45, No. 10 (Suppl. 2), (S258-S283), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2020.Examining key hotel attributes for guest sleep and overall satisfactionRobbins R, Grandner M, Knowlden A and Severt K Tourism and Hospitality Research, 10.1177/1467358420961544, (146735842096154)Prevalence, risk factors, and trajectories of sleep disturbance in a cohort of African-American breast cancer survivorsGonzalez B, Eisel S, Qin B, Llanos A, Savard J, Hoogland A, Jim H, Lin Y, Demissie K, Hong C and Bandera E Supportive Care in Cancer, 10.1007/s00520-020-05786-2Association of sleep quality and sleep duration with serum uric acid levels in adultsChou Y, Li C, Shen W, Yang Y, Lu F, Wu J, Chang C and Cheng X PLOS ONE, 10.1371/journal.pone.0239185, Vol. 15, No. 9, (e0239185)Beneficial Effects of Weekend Catch-up Sleep on Metabolic Syndrome in Chronic Short SleepersKim D, Mun S, Choi J, Kim J, Lee G, Kim H, Park M and Cho J Sleep Medicine, 10.1016/j.sleep.2020.09.025, , Online publication date: 1-Sep-2020.Sleep disturbance and sleep insufficiency in primary caregivers and their children with cystic fibrosisByars K, Chini B, Hente E, Amin R and Boat T Journal of Cystic Fibrosis, 10.1016/j.jcf.2020.04.003, Vol. 19, No. 5, (777-782), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2020.Central Disorders of HypersomnolenceTrotti L CONTINUUM: Lifelong Learning in Neurology, 10.1212/CON.0000000000000883, Vol. 26, No. 4, (890-907), Online publication date: 1-Aug-2020.Chronic sleep restriction increases soluble hippocampal Aβ-42 and impairs cognitive performanceBrice K, Hagen C, Peterman J, Figg J, Braden P, Chumley M and Boehm G Physiology & Behavior, 10.1016/j.physbeh.2020.113128, , (113128), Online publication date: 1-Aug-2020.Interaction of Sleep and Cortical Structural Maintenance From an Individual Person Microlongitudinal Perspective and Implications for Precision Medicine ResearchWall J, Xie H and Wang X Frontiers in Neuroscience, 10.3389/fnins.2020.00769, Vol. 14,Sleep quality and quantity in Italian University students: an actigraphic studyCellini N, Menghini L, Mercurio M, Vanzetti V, Bergamo D and Sarlo M Chronobiology International, 10.1080/07420528.2020.1773494, (1-14)ACOFP Member Survey on Physician Wellness and Preventative Measures for ProtectionShaw J, Lincoln K and Crow A Osteopathic Family Physician, 10.33181/12041, (16-19), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2020.Habitual sleep duration affects recovery from acute sleep deprivation: a modeling studyPiltz S, Diniz Behn C and Booth V Journal of Theoretical Biology, 10.1016/j.jtbi.2020.110401, , (110401), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2020.Sleep problems worsen health-related quality of life and participation during the first 12 months of stroke rehabilitationFulk G, Duncan P and Klingman K Clinical Rehabilitation, 10.1177/0269215520935940, (026921552093594)Poor Sleep Hygiene Is Associated With Decreased Discrimination and Inattention on Continuous Performance Task in Doctor of Physical Therapy StudentsCoffyn S and Siengsukon C Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 10.1097/JTE.0000000000000135, Vol. 34, No. 2, (160-165), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2020.Sleep and immune function among people living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)Balthazar M, Webel A, Gary F, Burant C, Totten V and Voss J AIDS Care, 10.1080/09540121.2020.1770180, (1-5)Sleep, Health, and SocietyGrandner M Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2020.02.017, Vol. 15, No. 2, (319-340), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2020.Fatigue and sleep patterns among Canadian wildland firefighters during a 17-day fire line deploymentJeklin A, Davies H, Bredin S, Hives B, Meanwell L, Perrotta A and Warburton D Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 10.1080/15459624.2020.1759809, (1-8)Effect of wearables on sleep in healthy individuals: a randomized crossover trial and validation studyBerryhill S, Morton C, Dean A, Berryhill A, Provencio-Dean N, Patel S, Estep L, Combs D, Mashaqi S, Gerald L, Krishnan J and Parthasarathy S Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 16, No. 5, (775-783), Online publication date: 15-May-2020.Insomnia Treatment in the Primary Care SettingHensley J and Beardsley J Advances in Family Practice Nursing, 10.1016/j.yfpn.2020.01.012, Vol. 2, , (125-143), Online publication date: 1-May-2020.The consequences of partial sleep restriction for habitual sleep duration, sleepiness and reaction time in healthy malesQueiroz S, Ruiz F, Prado J, Silva A, Frange C, Narciso F, Cruz A, Tufik S and de Mello M Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2020.04.002, , Online publication date: 1-May-2020.Gendered Time, Seasonality, and Nutrition: Insights from Two Indian DistrictsRao N and Raju S Feminist Economics, 10.1080/13545701.2019.1632470, Vol. 26, No. 2, (95-125), Online publication date: 2-Apr-2020.Are symptoms of insomnia related to respiratory symptoms? Cross-sectional results from 10 European countries and AustraliaBjornsdottir E, Lindberg E, Benediktsdottir B, Gislason T, Garcia Larsen V, Franklin K, Jarvis D, Demoly P, Perret J, Garcia Aymerich J, Arenas S, Heinrich J, Torén K, Jögi R and Janson C BMJ Open, 10.1136/bmjopen-2019-032511, Vol. 10, No. 4, (e032511), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2020.Objective Measures of Sleep Apnea and Actigraphy-Based Sleep Characteristics as Correlates of Subjective Sleep Quality in an Epidemiologic StudyJohnson D, Javaheri S, Guo N, Champion C, Sims J, Brock M, Sims M, Patel S, Williams D, Wilson J and Redline S Psychosomatic Medicine, 10.1097/PSY.0000000000000778, Vol. 82, No. 3, (324-330), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2020.Emergency nurses’ activity levels across rotating shiftsChappel S, Aisbett B, Considine J and Ridgers N Australasian Emergency Care, 10.1016/j.auec.2020.03.001, , Online publication date: 1-Apr-2020.Social Psychological Predictors of Sleep Hygiene Behaviors in Australian and Hong Kong University StudentsHamilton K, Ng H, Zhang C, Phipps D and Zhang R International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 10.1007/s12529-020-09859-8Sleep Predicts Collegiate Academic PerformancePrichard J Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2019.10.003, Vol. 15, No. 1, (59-69), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2020.Chronic headache in tabari cohort population: Prevalence and its related risk factorsAhmadi M, Nasehi M, Kheradmand M and Moosazadeh M Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health, 10.1016/j.cegh.2019.05.003, Vol. 8, No. 1, (101-104), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2020.Racial/ethnic disparities in sleep duration and sleep disturbances among pregnant and non‐pregnant women in the United StatesFeinstein L, McWhorter K, Gaston S, Troxel W, Sharkey K and Jackson C Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.13000,Shift Workers at Risk for Metabolic SyndromeKulkarni K, Schow M and Shubrook J Journal of Osteopathic Medicine, 10.7556/jaoa.2020.020, Vol. 120, No. 2, (107-117), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2020., Online publication date: 1-Feb-2020.Research Combining Physical Activity and Sleep: A Bibliometric AnalysisMemon A, Vandelanotte C, Olds T, Duncan M and Vincent G Perceptual and Motor Skills, 10.1177/0031512519889780, Vol. 127, No. 1, (154-181), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2020.Effects of sleep extension on sleep duration, sleepiness, and blood pressure in college studentsStock A, Lee S, Nahmod N and Chang A Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2019.10.003, Vol. 6, No. 1, (32-39), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2020.The association of social and behavioral factors with dietary risks in adults: Evidence from the Kardiovize Brno 2030 studyMaugeri A, Barchitta M, Kunzova S, Bauerova H, Agodi A and Vinciguerra M Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, 10.1016/j.numecd.2020.02.009, , Online publication date: 1-Feb-2020.Developing preliminary blood metabolomics-based biomarkers of insufficient sleep in humansDepner C, Cogswell D, Bisesi P, Markwald R, Cruickshank-Quinn C, Quinn K, Melanson E, Reisdorph N and Wright K Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsz321,The Quality, Quantity, and Intraindividual Variability of Sleep Among Students and Student-AthletesLeduc C, Tee J, Weakley J, Ramirez C and Jones B Sports Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 10.1177/1941738119887966, Vol. 12, No. 1, (43-50), Online publication date: 1-Jan-2020.Olson E Duty Hour Regulations of Physicians in Training and Circadian Considerations Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders, 10.1007/978-3-030-43803-6_12, (183-198), .Vardiya sistemiyle çalışan hemşirelerin uyku kaliteleriDeniz Doğan S, Arslan S, Aydıngülü N, Koparan H and Gülşen M Cukurova Medical Journal, 10.17826/cumj.511429, Vol. 44, No. 4, (1196-1202)Association between sleep and severe periodontitis in a nationally representative adult US populationAlqaderi H, Goodson J and Agaku I Journal of Periodontology, 10.1002/JPER.19-0105,Poor sleep quality and its predictors among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients attending Jimma University Medical Center, Jimma, EthiopiaJemere T, Mossie A, Berhanu H and Yeshaw Y BMC Research Notes, 10.1186/s13104-019-4531-6, Vol. 12, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2019.Acute sleep loss induces signs of visual discomfort in young menDyakova O, Rångtell F, Tan X, Nordström K and Benedict C Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.12837, Vol. 28, No. 6, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2019.Sleep reductions associated with illicit opioid use and clinic-hour changes during opioid agonist treatment for opioid dependence: Measurement by electronic diary and actigraphyBertz J, Epstein D, Reamer D, Kowalczyk W, Phillips K, Kennedy A, Jobes M, Ward G, Plitnick B, Figueiro M, Rea M and Preston K Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 10.1016/j.jsat.2019.08.011, Vol. 106, , (43-57), Online publication date: 1-Nov-2019.Lifestyle Choices and Brain HealthMintzer J, Donovan K, Kindy A, Lock S, Chura L and Barracca N Frontiers in Medicine, 10.3389/fmed.2019.00204, Vol. 6,Sleep Quality and Quantity of Occupational Therapy and Other Allied Health StudentsOhl A, Schelly D, Reid J and Boolani A Occupational Therapy in Mental Health, 10.1080/0164212X.2019.1581121, Vol. 35, No. 4, (407-421), Online publication date: 2-Oct-2019.Micronutrient Inadequacy in Short Sleep: Analysis of the NHANES 2005–2016Ikonte , Mun , Reider , Grant and Mitmesser Nutrients, 10.3390/nu11102335, Vol. 11, No. 10, (2335)A Web-Based Photo-Alteration Intervention to Promote Sleep: Randomized Controlled TrialPerucho I, Vijayakumar K, Talamas S, Chee M, Perrett D and Liu J Journal of Medical Internet Research, 10.2196/12500, Vol. 21, No. 9, (e12500)Self-Reported Sleep Duration and Pattern in Old Order Amish and Non-Amish AdultsZhang M, Ryan K, Wickwire E, Postolache T, Xu H, Daue M, Snitker S, Pollin T, Shuldiner A and Mitchell B Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 15, No. 09, (1321-1328), Online publication date: 15-Sep-2019.The Association between Air Pollution and Sleep Duration: A Cohort Study of Freshmen at a University in Beijing, ChinaYu , Chen , Paige Gordon , Yu and Wang International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph16183362, Vol. 16, No. 18, (3362)Policy brief: Nurse fatigue, sleep, and health, and ensuring patient and public safetyCaruso C, Baldwin C, Berger A, Chasens E, Edmonson J, Gobel B, Landis C, Patrician P, Redeker N, Scott L, Todero C, Trinkoff A and Tucker S Nursing Outlook, 10.1016/j.outlook.2019.08.004, Vol. 67, No. 5, (615-619), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2019.Sleep knowledge, goals, and habits in soldiersMcDonald J, Ganulin M, LoPresti M and Adler A Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2019.04.006, Vol. 5, No. 4, (426-428), Online publication date: 1-Aug-2019.Sleep myths: an expert-led study to identify false beliefs about sleep that impinge upon population sleep health practicesRobbins R, Grandner M, Buxton O, Hale L, Buysse D, Knutson K, Patel S, Troxel W, Youngstedt S, Czeisler C and Jean-Louis G Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2019.02.002, Vol. 5, No. 4, (409-417), Online publication date: 1-Aug-2019.Obstructive Sleep Apnea Is Associated With Altered Glycemic Patterns in Pregnant Women With ObesityFarabi S, Barbour L, Heiss K, Hirsch N, Dunn E and Hernandez T The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 10.1210/jc.2019-00159, Vol. 104, No. 7, (2569-2579), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2019.A Review of Environmental Barriers to Obtaining Adequate Sleep in the Military Operational ContextMantua J, Bessey A, Sowden W, Chabuz R, Brager A, Capaldi V and Simonelli G Military Medicine, 10.1093/milmed/usz029, Vol. 184, No. 7-8, (e259-e266), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2019.Personal NO2 and Volatile Organic Compounds Exposure Levels are Associated with Markers of Cardiovascular Risk in Women in the Cape Town Region of South AfricaEverson F, De Boever P, Nawrot T, Goswami N, Mthethwa M, Webster I, Martens D, Mashele N, Charania S, Kamau F and Strijdom H International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph16132284, Vol. 16, No. 13, (2284)Systemic exertion intolerance disease/chronic fatigue syndrome is common in sleep centre patients with hypersomnolence: A retrospective pilot studyManess C, Saini P, Bliwise D, Olvera V, Rye D and Trotti L Journal of Sleep Research, 10.1111/jsr.12689, Vol. 28, No. 3, (e12689), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2019.Public Awareness, Medical Integration, and Innovation in Sleep MedicineKirsch D and Khosla S Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, Vol. 15, No. 05, (799-801), Online publication date: 15-May-2019.Sleep and cognitive function in chronic stroke: a comparative cross-sectional studyFalck R, Best J, Davis J, Eng J, Middleton L, Hall P and Liu-Ambrose T Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsz040, Vol. 42, No. 5, Online publication date: 1-May-2019.Apneic Sleep, Insufficient Sleep, and HypertensionMansukhani M, Covassin N and Somers V Hypertension, 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.118.11780, Vol. 73, No. 4, (744-756), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2019.Sleep outcomes associated with dry eye disease: a systematic review and meta-analysisAu N, Mather R, To A and Malvankar-Mehta M Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, 10.1016/j.jcjo.2018.03.013, Vol. 54, No. 2, (180-189), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2019.The 24-Hour Activity CycleROSENBERGER M, FULTON J, BUMAN M, TROIANO R, GRANDNER M, BUCHNER D and HASKELL W Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 10.1249/MSS.0000000000001811, Vol. 51, No. 3, (454-464), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2019.Sleep duration and cognition: is there an ideal amount?Mantua J and Simonelli G Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsz010, Vol. 42, No. 3, Online publication date: 1-Mar-2019.Effects of slow-wave activity on mood disturbance in major depressive disorderGoldschmied J, Cheng P, Hoffmann R, Boland E, Deldin P and Armitage R Psychological Medicine, 10.1017/S0033291718001332, Vol. 49, No. 4, (639-645), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2019.Ad libitum Weekend Recovery Sleep Fails to Prevent Metabolic Dysregulation during a Repeating Pattern of Insufficient Sleep and Weekend Recovery SleepDepner C, Melanson E, Eckel R, Snell-Bergeon J, Perreault L, Bergman B, Higgins J, Guerin M, Stothard E, Morton S and Wright K Current Biology, 10.1016/j.cub.2019.01.069, Vol. 29, No. 6, (957-967.e4), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2019.Diet quality, dietary patterns and short sleep duration: a cross-sectional population-based studyMondin T, Stuart A, Williams L, Jacka F, Pasco J and Ruusunen A European Journal of Nutrition, 10.1007/s00394-018-1655-8, Vol. 58, No. 2, (641-651), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2019.Consumption of Energy Drinks and Their Effects on Sleep Quality among Students at the Copperbelt University School of Medicine in ZambiaMwape R and Mulenga D Sleep Disorders, 10.1155/2019/3434507, Vol. 2019, , (1-7), Online publication date: 3-Feb-2019.Are U.S. adults reporting less sleep?: Findings from sleep duration trends in the National Health Interview Survey, 2004–2017Sheehan C, Frochen S, Walsemann K and Ailshire J Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsy221, Vol. 42, No. 2, Online publication date: 1-Feb-2019.Sex differences in measures of central sensitization and pain sensitivity to experimental sleep disruption: implications for sex differences in chronic painSmith M, Remeniuk B, Finan P, Speed T, Tompkins D, Robinson M, Gonzalez K, Bjurstrom M and Irwin M Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsy209, Vol. 42, No. 2, Online publication date: 1-Feb-2019.Association between late-night tweeting and next-day game performance among professional basketball playersJones J, Kirschen G, Kancharla S and Hale L Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2018.09.005, Vol. 5, No. 1, (68-71), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2019.Does sleep duration, napping, and social jetlag predict hemoglobin A1c among college students with type 1 diabetes mellitus?Saylor J, Ji X, Calamaro C and Davey A Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 10.1016/j.diabres.2019.01.007, Vol. 148, , (102-109), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2019.Active Ageing Level and Time Use of Elderly Persons in a Thai Suburban CommunityPunyakaew A, Lersilp S and Putthinoi S Occupational Therapy International, 10.1155/2019/7092695, Vol. 2019, , (1-8), Online publication date: 22-Jan-2019.Working Time Society consensus statements: A multi-level approach to managing occupational sleep-related fatigueWONG I, POPKIN S and FOLKARD S Industrial Health, 10.2486/indhealth.SW-6, Vol. 57, No. 2, (228-244), .Identifying and validating blood mRNA biomarkers for acute and chronic insufficient sleep in humans: a machine learning approachLaing E, Möller-Levet C, Dijk D and Archer S Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsy186, Vol. 42, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Jan-2019.Brown R Introduction The Behavioral, Molecular, Pharmacological, and Clinical Basis of the Sleep-Wake Cycle, 10.1016/B978-0-12-816430-3.00013-0, (xiii-xvi), .Lee S, Jackson C, Robbins R and Buxton O Sleep health and the workplace Sleep and Health, 10.1016/B978-0-12-815373-4.00034-4, (457-471), .He S, Taylor B, Thakur N and Chakravorty S Sleep and alcohol use Sleep and Health, 10.1016/B978-0-12-815373-4.00021-6, (269-281), .Grandner M Epidemiology of insufficient sleep and poor sleep quality Sleep and Health, 10.1016/B978-0-12-815373-4.00002-2, (11-20), .Meeks L and Murray J Mental Health and Medical Education Medical Student Well-Being, 10.1007/978-3-030-16558-1_2, (17-58), .Johnston S, Whitmire A, Marshburn T and Putcha L Sleep, Circadian Rhythms, and Fatigue Management in Space Flight Operations Principles of Clinical Medicine for Space Flight, 10.1007/978-1-4939-9889-0_26, (793-813), .Sleep Quality and Chronotype Differences between Elite Athletes and Non-Athlete ControlsBender A, Van Dongen H and Samuels C Clocks & Sleep, 10.3390/clockssleep1010002, Vol. 1, No. 1, (3-12)Sleep Duration and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Are Associated with Obesity Independent of Diet and Physical ActivityMaugeri A, Medina-Inojosa J, Kunzova S, Agodi A, Barchitta M, Sochor O, Lopez-Jimenez F, Geda Y and Vinciguerra M Nutrients, 10.3390/nu10091219, Vol. 10, No. 9, (1219)The Lifestyle History: A Neglected But Essential Component of the Medical HistoryHoulden R, Yen H and Mirrahimi A American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 10.1177/1559827617703045, Vol. 12, No. 5, (404-411), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2018.Sleep: An Integral Component of Employee Well-Being ProgramsSchultz A and Burton W American Journal of Health Promotion, 10.1177/0890117118790621c, Vol. 32, No. 7, (1639-1641), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2018.The Cost of Sleep Lost: Implications for Health, Performance, and the Bottom LineGrandner M American Journal of Health Promotion, 10.1177/0890117118790621a, Vol. 32, No. 7, (1629-1634), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2018.CME: Jetlag CME-FragenStutz A and Ensslin A Praxis, 10.1024/1661-8157/a003033, Vol. 107, No. 15, (805-814), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2018.Association of sleep disturbances with obesity, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndromeKoren D and Taveras E Metabolism, 10.1016/j.metabol.2018.04.001, Vol. 84, , (67-75), Online publication date: 1-Jul-2018.Environmental Determinants of Insufficient Sleep and Sleep Disorders: Implications for Population HealthJohnson D, Billings M and Hale L Current Epidemiology Reports, 10.1007/s40471-018-0139-y, Vol. 5, No. 2, (61-69), Online publication date: 1-Jun-2018.Sleep Deficiency and Psoriasis: Implications for Clinical PracticeYang P, Matthews S and Ward T The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 10.1016/j.nurpra.2017.12.016, Vol. 14, No. 5, (389-395), Online publication date: 1-May-2018.Working (longer than) 9 to 5: are there cardiometabolic health risks for young Australian workers who report longer than 38-h working weeks?Reynolds A, Bucks R, Paterson J, Ferguson S, Mori T, McArdle N, Straker L, Beilin L and Eastwood P International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 10.1007/s00420-018-1289-4, Vol. 91, No. 4, (403-412), Online publication date: 1-May-2018.Sleep deprivation in interventional cardiology: Implications for patient care and physician-healthSandoval Y, Lobo A, Somers V, Rosenfield K, Bradley S, Sorajja P, Tajti P and Brilakis E Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, 10.1002/ccd.27185, Vol. 91, No. 5, (905-910), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2018.Black–White Differences in Housing Type and Sleep Duration as Well as Sleep Difficulties in the United StatesJohnson D, Thorpe R, McGrath J, Jackson W and Jackson C International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 10.3390/ijerph15040564, Vol. 15, No. 4, (564)Commuting and Sleep: Results From the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of Latinos Sueño Ancillary StudyPetrov M, Weng J, Reid K, Wang R, Ramos A, Wallace D, Alcantara C, Cai J, Perreira K, Espinoza Giacinto R, Zee P, Sotres-Alvarez D and Patel S American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 10.1016/j.amepre.2017.11.006, Vol. 54, No. 3, (e49-e57), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2018.Effects of Preseason Training on the Sleep Characteristics of Professional Rugby League PlayersThornton H, Delaney J, Duthie G and Dascombe B International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 10.1123/ijspp.2017-0119, Vol. 13, No. 2, (176-182), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2018.Sleep characteristics and risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities StudyLutsey P, Misialek J, Mosley T, Gottesman R, Punjabi N, Shahar E, MacLehose R, Ogilvie R, Knopman D and Alonso A Alzheimer's & Dementia, 10.1016/j.jalz.2017.06.2269, Vol. 14, No. 2, (157-166), Online publication date: 1-Feb-2018.Prevalence and Associated Factors of Sleep Quality among Adults in Jimma Town, Southwest Ethiopia: A Community-Based Cross-Sectional StudyBerhanu H, Mossie A, Tadesse S and Geleta D Sleep Disorders, 10.1155/2018/8342328, Vol. 2018, , (1-10), .Accessing physical activity among young adults attending a university: the role of sex, race/ethnicity, technology use, and sleepTowne S, Ory M, Smith M, Peres S, Pickens A, Mehta R and Benden M BMC Public Health, 10.1186/s12889-017-4757-y, Vol. 17, No. 1, Online publication date: 1-Dec-2017.Restoration of resident sleep and wellness with block schedulingBordley J, Agustin A, Ahmed M, Khalid R, Paluso A, Kobza B, Spaugy A, Emens J, Desai S and Khan A Medical Education, 10.1111/medu.13392, Vol. 51, No. 12, (1241-1249), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2017.Association of financial hardship with poor sleep health outcomes among men who have sex with menDuncan D, Hyun Park S, Al-Ajlouni Y, Hale L, Jean-Louis G, Goedel W, Chaix B and Elbel B SSM - Population Health, 10.1016/j.ssmph.2017.07.006, Vol. 3, , (594-599), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2017.The effect of sleep duration on exhaled nitric oxide levels in U.S. adultsHyde J and Qayyum R Sleep and Breathing, 10.1007/s11325-017-1520-7, Vol. 21, No. 4, (809-813), Online publication date: 1-Dec-2017.Sleep and obesity risk in adults: possible mechanisms; contextual factors; and implications for research, intervention, and policyGrandner M Sleep Health, 10.1016/j.sleh.2017.07.014, Vol. 3, No. 5, (393-400), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2017.Do Older Adults Need Sleep? A Review of Neuroimaging, Sleep, and Aging StudiesScullin M Current Sleep Medicine Reports, 10.1007/s40675-017-0086-z, Vol. 3, No. 3, (204-214), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2017.Diet and Sleep Physiology: Public Health and Clinical ImplicationsFrank S, Gonzalez K, Lee-Ang L, Young M, Tamez M and Mattei J Frontiers in Neurology, 10.3389/fneur.2017.00393, Vol. 8,Sleep Duration, Mortality, and Heredity—A Prospective Twin StudyÅkerstedt T, Narusyte J, Alexanderson K and Svedberg P Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsx135,Characterizing Adult Sleep Behavior Over 20 Years—The Population-Based Doetinchem Cohort StudyZomers M, Hulsegge G, van Oostrom S, Proper K, Verschuren W and Picavet H Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsx085, Vol. 40, No. 7, Online publication date: 1-Jul-2017.Sleep Quality and Academic Progression among Students of Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Northwest of IranSarbazvatan H, Amini A, Aminisani N and Shamshirgaran S Research and Development in Medical Education, 10.15171/rdme.2017.006, Vol. 6, No. 1, (29-33)“Sleep? Maybe Later…” A Cross-Campus Survey of University Students and Sleep PracticesBrown C, Qin P and Esmail S Education Sciences, 10.3390/educsci7030066, Vol. 7, No. 3, (66)Optimizing sleep to maximize performance: implications and recommendations for elite athletesSimpson N, Gibbs E and Matheson G Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, 10.1111/sms.12703, Vol. 27, No. 3, (266-274), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2017.Sleep, Health, and SocietyGrandner M Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2016.10.012, Vol. 12, No. 1, (1-22), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2017.Shift Schedules and Intern Work Hours, Patient Numbers, Conference Attendance, and Sleep at a Single Pediatric Residency ProgramKocolas I, Day K, King M, Stevenson A, Sheng X, Hobson W, Bruse J and Bale J Academic Pediatrics, 10.1016/j.acap.2016.10.005, Vol. 17, No. 2, (149-152), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2017.Sleep Disturbances in Individuals With Phelan-McDermid Syndrome: Correlation With Caregivers’ Sleep Quality and Daytime FunctioningBro D, O’Hara R, Primeau M, Hanson-Kahn A, Hallmayer J and Bernstein J Sleep, 10.1093/sleep/zsw062, Vol. 40, No. 2, Online publication date: 1-Feb-2017., Online publication date: 1-Feb-2017.Nocturnal intermittent hypoxia and short sleep duration are independently associated with elevated C-reactive protein levels in patients with coronary artery diseaseFukuoka R, Kohno T, Kohsaka S, Yanagisawa R, Kawakami T, Hayashida K, Kanazawa H, Yuasa S, Maekawa Y, Sano M and Fukuda K Sleep Medicine, 10.1016/j.sleep.2016.09.012, Vol. 29, , (29-34), Online publication date: 1-Jan-2017.Sleep Duration and Diabetes Risk: Population Trends and Potential MechanismsGrandner M, Seixas A, Shetty S and Shenoy S Current Diabetes Reports, 10.1007/s11892-016-0805-8, Vol. 16, No. 11, Online publication date: 1-Nov-2016.Sleep Duration and Neurocognitive Function in the Hispanic Community Health Study/Study of LatinosRamos A, Tarraf W, Daviglus M, Davis S, Gallo L, Mossavar-Rahmani Y, Penedo F, Redline S, Rundek T, Sacco R, Sotres-Alvarez D, Wright C, Zee P and González H Sleep, 10.5665/sleep.6166, Vol. 39, No. 10, (1843-1851), Online publication date: 1-Oct-2016.Combat Effectiveness and Sleep Patterns in US MarinesShattuck N, Shattuck L and Matsangas P Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting, 10.1177/1541931213601202, Vol. 60, No. 1, (886-890), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2016.SleepGrandner M, Alfonso-Miller P, Fernandez-Mendoza J, Shetty S, Shenoy S and Combs D Current Opinion in Cardiology, 10.1097/HCO.0000000000000324, Vol. 31, No. 5, (551-565), Online publication date: 1-Sep-2016.Sleep time and pattern of adult individuals in primary care in an Asian urbanized communityTan N, Tan M, Hwang S, Teo C, Lee Z, Soh J, Koh Y and How C Medicine, 10.1097/MD.0000000000004749, Vol. 95, No. 35, (e4749), Online publication date: 1-Aug-2016.Sleep and StrokeMims K and Kirsch D Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2015.10.009, Vol. 11, No. 1, (39-51), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2016.Occupational Sleep MedicineCheng P and Drake C Sleep Medicine Clinics, 10.1016/j.jsmc.2015.10.006, Vol. 11, No. 1, (65-79), Online publication date: 1-Mar-2016.