The Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM)
focuses on clinical sleep medicine. Its emphasis is the publication of papers with direct applicability and/or relevance to the clinical practice of sleep medicine. This includes clinical trials, clinical reviews, clinical commentary and debate, medical economic/practice perspectives, case series and novel/interesting case reports. In addition, the journal will publish proceedings from conferences, workshops and symposia sponsored by the AASM or other organizations related to improving the practice of sleep medicine. Advertisements will allow members of the AASM to see what new products and services are reshaping the industry.
Official publication of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
Estimated at 10,000 monthly, including 45,000 page views
In the 2016 Journal Citation Reports®, Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine received an Impact Factor of 3.429 and a 5-year Impact Factor of 4.067, ranking it among the top 5 sleep medicine journals and the top journal focused on original research in clinical sleep medicine.
Sleep specialists, physicians, researchers, sleep technologists, scientists, nurses and sleep center managers.
Continuing Medical Education:
Credits are available in each issue.
Published on the 15th of every month
- Advertising will close on the 20th of the month preceding issue date for ad space reservations and artwork.
- All cancellations must be received by the publishing in writing, via email or fax by the ad space closing deadline.
- Dates subject to change
An agency discount of 15% of gross billing will be allowed for recognized agencies, provided invoice is paid by the deadline. Agency discounts do not apply to classified advertisements. Advertisers agree to accept “dual responsibility” for payment to the publisher if the advertiser’s agency does not remit payment by the advertising deadline.
|Download Word Classified Form:
How to place a word classified advertisement:
- Reserve space by completing and submitting a 2017 word classified form on or before the ad space closing deadline.
- First 60 words – $150, $1.25 for each word after 60.
- Email ads to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Word classified advertisements must be submitted by the ad materials deadline.
- All orders must be prepaid. Agency discounts do not apply on word classified advertisements.
- Cancellation Policy: Advertisements cancelled after the ad space closing deadline will incur a $50 cancellation fee.
Display Classified - Black & White Only
|Download Advertising Insertion Order:
How to place a display classified advertisment:
- Reserve space by completing and submitting an advertising insertion order on or before the ad space closing deadline.
- Display classified advertising starts at 1/4 page and up.
- Please refer below for advertising specifications.
- A border is required for all display classified ads. Pictures and logos are allowed.
- Agency discounts do not apply on display classified advertisements.
An Agency discount of 15% of gross billing will be allowed for recognized agencies, provided invoice is paid within 30 days of receipt. This discount does not apply to word/display classified ads or any other charges.
Advertisers agree to accept "dual responsibility" for payment to the publisher if the advertiser's agency does not remit payment within 30 days of the invoice date.
If the number of insertions contracted for are not used within the current volume year, the advertisers will be short-rated. Advertisers will be rebated if, within the current volume year, they have used sufficient additional insertions to earn a lower rate than which they had been billed. Advertisers not on a multiple insertion contract will be billed at the 1x rate. Frequency discounts will apply as such frequencies are actually earned, but will not be retroactively applied. Complimentary ads do not count toward frequency discounts.
Advertisers who commit to running ads in 50 percent of the JCSM
issues will receive up to 3 complimentary subscriptions.
Table of Contents Email Ads
With each new issue of JCSM, an email is sent to all members and subscribers informing them that the new issue is available and listing the table of contents. This year we are offering two banner ad (with hyperlinks) in each email. The cost for a banner ad in the TOC email is $2,000. These ads are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- These interstitial ads are larger and more prominent than banner ads and will appear twice during a given reader session, at the first click and fifth click into the publication. Transition ads are not affected by pop-up blockers and can be linked to URLs. Only four (4) transition advertisers are accepted per issue. Advertisers who sign a contract for six, nine or twelve transition ads will receive a FREE Banner Ad in the same issue.
Transition Ad Cost
|JCSM - 2017
||Cost per Issue
*Free Banner Ad Same Issue
Banner Ads - Leaderboard banner ads are available in each issue. We accept a maximum of 8 banner ads per edition (rotation at random). They can be linked to URLs.
Banner Ad Cost
Advertisers who commit to running ads in 50% of JCSM issues will receive up to 3 complimentary subscriptions.
Mail payments to:
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
National Sales Coordinator
2510 North Frontage Road
Darien, IL 60561
Table of Contents Email Ads
Creative size: 728 x 90 pixels
Maximum file size: 50KB
Creative size: 640 x 480 pixels
Maximum file size: 150KB
Leaderboard 728 x 90 pixels
Maximum file size: 50KB
For All Digital Ads
Resolution: Minimum 72 pixels/inch
Maximum 96 pixels/inch
Rotation: At random
Formats: .jpg; .gif; .png
Animation: Not allowed
Alternate Text: Must be provided
Color Palette: 256 (.gif)
Target URL: Required, one per advertisement
3rd party serving: Not allowed
Rich Media: Not availability
Classified Display Ads
||7.25" x 9.875"
|Half Page Vertical
||3.50" x 9.875"
|Half Page Horizontal
||7.25" x 4.875"
||3.50" x 4.875"
- Transition (Interstitial) Ads will be displayed on their own page at the first click and fifth click into the reader's session. A maximum of two transition ads will be displayed per reader session.
- There will be three ways to leave the transition ad. 1. the user may click a link to bypass the advertisement. 2. a counter will automatically redirect them to the proper destination after 20 seconds. 3. the user clicks on the advertisement and is taken to the customer specified web address.
- Leaderboard and skyscraper ads are pulled randomly. The advertiser has no ability to choose which web pages to display their ads.
- Leaderboard and skyscraper ads will appear on all pages designated by the AASM. Pages related to CME will not display ads.
- Tracking for impressions and clicks will be in place for all transition and banner ads.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine (JCSM). The following are the sections of the advertising policy; Advertising Acceptance Guidelines, General Guidelines, Limitations of Liability, Interpretation and Application of the Advertising Policy and Violations.
Advertising Acceptance Guidelines
- All advertisements are subject to approval by the Publisher.
- The Publisher reserves the right to reject requests for advertisements, or to cancel or not to renew previously approved advertisements, at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
- Ads that have not previously appeared in any of the Publishers publications must be submitted for approval at least two weeks prior to the ad space closing. In light of the great effort an organization may undertake in developing advertising campaigns, advertisers are encouraged to forward proposed advertisements in rough form.
- Advertisements that conflict or have the appearance of conflicting with the Publishers’ policy are prohibited.
- The fact that an advertisement for a product, service or company has appeared in a previous publication shall not be referred to in collateral advertising.
- Advertorials are not allowed.
- Products or services with no direct relation to the sleep medicine and sleep research industry may be eligible for advertising if approved by the Publisher.
- Any reference to the Publisher or its affiliates products, services or standards in advertisements, promotional material or merchandising by the advertiser or the agency is prohibited.
- Promotion of products, services or meetings that compete directly with those offered by Publisher or its affiliates are generally prohibited.
- The Publisher reserves the right to decline advertising for any educational course, meeting or related event if the advertised event falls 90 days before or after an event held by the Publisher or its affiliates.
- Membership solicitation by organizations other than the Publisher or its affiliates is prohibited. Fundraising by organizations or individuals other than the Publisher is strictly prohibited.
- All advertisements must clearly and prominently identify the advertiser by trademark, signature or name.
- Advertising copy must be factual, in good taste, and all claims must be fully supportable.
- Advertisements containing testimonials or those that quote the names, statements, or writings of any individual, public official, government agency, testing group or other organization must be accompanied by written consent for use from the quoted individual or entity.
- Advertisements using exclusive claims such as "best" or "the most effective” or “the only” or any other word with the same meaning to describe their products or services is prohibited. Please contact the National Sales Account Manager for words or statements in question.
- All claims of fact must be fully supportable and should be meaningful in terms of performance or any other benefit. Advertisers should avoid the use of claims whose validity depends upon extremely fine interpretations of meaning. This does not exclude the use of normal qualifiers, such as footnotes, which may be necessary to render a claim true.
- Complete scientific and technical data, whether published or unpublished, concerning the product or services safety, operation and usefulness may be required. Samples of the products are not to be submitted.
- Advertisers may cite in footnotes references from scientific literature, provided the reference is truthful and is a fair representation of the body of literature supporting the claim made.
- All advertisements are accepted and published by Publisher on the warranty of the advertiser and agency that both are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter of the advertisement.
- The use of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies (APSS), American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), or any other affiliates name and/or logo, is prohibited without prior written approval.
- The inclusion of an advertisement in the Publisher’s publications is not to be construed or publicized as an endorsement or approval by the Publisher, or its affiliates, nor may the advertiser promote that its advertising claims are approved or endorsed by the Publisher or its affiliates.
- Unless ad materials, an insertion order or written instructions clearly stating which advertisement should run are received by the ad materials closing date for ads under contract, the previously run advertisement will be repeated. If no prior advertisement is available, the Publisher will run a house advertisement and advertiser will be responsible for the cost of your original insertion order.
- The Publisher reserves the right to change its advertising policy at any time.
- Advertising is separate from content. Advertisers have no advance knowledge of our editorial content, nor do the editors shape content to accommodate advertising. Advertisers do not influence any of our editorial decisions or advertising policies.
- Publisher shall not be bound by any condition, printed or otherwise, appearing on any insertion order or copy instructions when that condition conflicts with the conditions set forth in any Publisher policies.
- Advertising that appears on Publisher’s website must be clearly distinguishable from any editorial content.
- Publisher does not release personally identifiable data on the users of our websites to advertisers.
- Online advertisers may receive reports that show aggregate data about their advertisements, including the number of ad impressions generated.
- Advertiser links to other websites cannot prevent a user from easily returning to Publisher’s website.
- Artwork, format, and layout should be such as to avoid confusion with editorial content of the publication. The Publisher reserves the right to insert the word “Advertisement” above or below any copy to avoid confusion.
Limitations of Liability
- Publisher shall not be liable for failure to publish any advertisement accepted by Publisher. However, the Publisher shall use reasonable efforts to place such advertisement in subsequent available space.
- The advertiser agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher for all damages, costs, expenses of any nature including court costs and legal fees, for which the Publisher may become liable by reason of its publication of the advertiser’s advertisement.
- The Publisher is not responsible for incorrect ad materials run when ad materials or instructions are not received by the ad material deadline.
- The Publisher will endeavor to publish advertisements promptly and accurately.
- The Publisher assumes no responsibility to verify statements contained in an advertisement. Any inadvertent errors by the Publisher will be corrected promptly upon discovery, without additional charge, and such obligation to correct shall constitute the sole liability of the Publisher.
- The Publisher does not make corrections to ad artwork. All ad artwork must be submitted in final format. The Publisher will not be held responsible for incorrect ad sizes or incorrect copy in artwork that is submitted or picked up from a previous Publisher or outside organizations publication.
- The Publisher is not responsible for the final reproductive quality of any materials provided that do not meet the defined specifications of the publication. This includes color quality when proofs for press match are not provided by the advertiser.
- The Publisher is not responsible for printer’s or clerical errors, nor will any credits be given for advertising errors not reported after the first issue in which the ad is published.
- All efforts are made to preserve advertising materials in their original condition. However, the Publisher is not responsible for lost or damaged advertising materials after production.
- The Publisher is not responsible for ad placements near competing products unless an agreement has been made in writing between the Publisher and advertiser prior.
- The Publisher will not be bound by any condition appearing on insertion orders/contracts or copy instructions submitted by or on behalf of the advertiser, when such condition conflicts with any provision in this rate card or with the Publisher’s policy.
Interpretation and Application of the Advertising Policy
All matters and questions not specifically covered are subject to the final decision of the Publisher.
Specific actions may be taken by the Publisher for violation of any provision of these guidelines. The action taken will be determined on the basis for the particular circumstances of the violation, but in cases involving major violations, may include legal action.